Monthly Church Council meetings are open to the public. Council meetings are normally the second Tuesday of each month, at 5:30pm. Executive Committee Meetings are the third Thursday of the month at 1:00pm.
Next Council Meeting: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
If you have questions or you have topics to add to the agenda, or you would like to join the Zoom council or Executive Committee meetings, please submit a request or contact the appropriate council member through the church administrator.
Approved Meeting Minutes by Date and Topics:
- February 7, 2023 - Minutes will be posted after they are reviewed and approved during the following council meeting.
- January 10, 2023 - Topics: Staffing updates are Donna still interim office manager, Jenny still working remote, Chris Keelan resigned to help Nick Keelan, who resigned his A/V duties to to health issues; budget update and Finance committee meeting monthly; Annual Meeting update report highlights; Two LOTM members invited to RMS assembly May 16-18; Adult Education Table Talk 1/28/23 is Lenten related discussion of Confession and Forgiveness.
- December 13, 2022 - Cancelled due to Holidays
- November 7, 2022 - Topics: Donation for Reconciling in Christ organization; Pastor housing allowance; Advent Holden Prayer services with soup suppers; Christmas services plans; Interfaith Thanksgiving service bell choir performance; Finance committee proposed budget; Table Talk Healthcare & Healing topic; Sunday School attendance; Facilities: boiler repairs scheduled, stove/oven donated and wiring cost, discussion of fans, parking lot lighting, and fellowship windows; Day Services considering becoming a 401c3 non-profit; Search for office administrator continues.
- October 11, 2022 - Topics: Search for church administrator, review of admin job description and background checks, meanwhile Jenny working on bulletins and eNews; Advent services will be mid-week; Plans for All Saints Sunday (Nov. 6); Finance Report and discussion of building use fee structure;Stewardship campaign report; Facilities report included highlights of meeting with Dillon re: roundabout (town will pay for LOTM's new sign), and windows repair or replacement discussed; Oct. 23rd Table Talk is by CO Cease-Fire; upcoming events are 2nd annual cider press at Littles' home, annual congregational meeting Jan. 29, 2023.
- September 13, 2022 - Topics: Pastor Report on synod theological conference and her plans to purchase a condo; Worship & Music Committee report on Blessing of the Animals (Oct. 2) and Reformation Sunday (Oct. 30), choir is off some October Sundays and ensemble music is planned, and Sunday School is now held weekly and needs volunteers; Finance Committee report on income and expenses, 2023 budget plans, and reimbursement process; Stewardship Committee was thanked for success of Oktoberfest; Personnel Committee continues work on job descriptions; Adult Education Report on Table Talks schedule this fall which are focused on Lutheran social statements; Capital Campaign pledge progress reported; Doug Muschett reported on Unsheltered in Summit program, and a letter to county commissioners supporting the program was revised and signed; Synod conferences "From Worry to Wonder" with Bishop Gonia will take place in-person and by zoom in Oct., Nov., and Dec.; LOTM's constitution being updated to match ELCA changes.
- August 9, 2022 - Topics: Pastor's Report covered Blessing of Backpacks, Labor Day time-off, Dixieland Service, and St. Francis Day (Blessing of the Animals), as well as the Oktoberfest Stewarship dinner plans; Finance Committee reported on 2022 budget items equipment purchases; and reimbursement; Capital Campaign reported on presentation objectives and agenda for congregational meeting on Aug. 14; four members of Nominating Committee were approved; organization structure of church committees was discussed and council members named as laisons for each committee.
- July 12, 2022 - Topics: Pastor's Report on healthcare insurance, Bible Study, and Camp Compassion; Worship Committee Report on proposed service changes and on music and refreshments planned for 8/28; Finance Committee Report on accounts, the Stewardship Campaign, and plans for 2023 budget; Personnel Committee Report on reviews of job descriptions; Capital Campaign was discussed, including a building report for the congregation; Nominating Committee is looking for a 4th member; Adult Education has scheduled a church security presentation for Aug. 28 with Interfaith Council and St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church.
- June 14, 2022 - Topics: Pastor's report covering her shedule, Bible study, Camp Compassion, July 24 vow exchange during worship, health insurance for Pastor and her husband; Finance Committee report covering budget and plans for capital campaign for building maintenance and improvements; Worship committee goals to involve congregation members; Executive Council report on Juneteenth holiday for staff, Personel committe enhancing job descriptions, and continued masking; Education Committee reports Table Talks are now twice monthly; Security assessment, funding, and security educational event; Offsite Meeting Goals followup including an alternative worship service with food; looking for nominating committee volunteers.
- May 14, 2022 - Offsite Meeting Notes: Discussion of LOTM values, wishes, and goals; review of congregation's committee structure, leaders, and suggestions for consolidation; Property Report and recommendations, need campaign to cover capital improvements.
- April 12, 2022 - Topics: Thanks to Sally Brown for her service on council; Pastor's May activities report; Finance Committee Report - looking for help Sunday mornings to count offerings, working on standardizing procedures; Youth and Family Committee Report - Camp Compassion Aug. 8-11; Jay and Kelsey stepping down as coordinators and joining team as volunteers; Worship Committee Report - special music post-Easter to June; Education Committee - reported on Table Talks; Offsite Leadership Meeting Sat., May 14, 9am-2pm at Ophir Lodge; Entryway flooring improvements are $1200 from the Building Fund; A new LOTM sign will be designed with Town of Dillon after Hwy 6 round-about is developed.
- March 8, 2022 - Topics: Pastor Kate reported on her first week at LOTM; Installation plans for March 19 were reviewed - offering plates will be passed at all services now, installation offering will go to Cristo Rey in El Paso and a local ministry, installation publicity will be placed in Summit Daily; noisy offering discussion; Worship Committee reported on Lenten services and brunch; Offsite Council and Church Leaders meeting and half-day retreat plans were reviewed; new parking lot guidelines were approved; Council regular meetings will be 2nd Tuesday of month at 5:30 going forward; Ben Little will introduce a fitness app in eNews to bring people together; and Craig will review updating office policy for credit cards with administrator.
- February 16, 2022 - Topics: Nomination of Council Secretary (Lydia Ziauddin), Family Paid Leave policy approved with an addendum, Synod Assembly representatives selected (Craig and Annette Bolt), New Endowment board member approved (Ferol Menzel), Treasurer reported on accounting recommendations from LOTM bookkeeper (Michael Kurth), agreement that masks are optional rather than mandatory as of Sunday, Feb. 27, pastor installation date and plans for reception confirmed, pastor orientation plan in place, Worship Committee will plan Lenten services, an offsite meeting for Pastor Kate and church leaders was discussed, next council meeting is Tuesday, March 8 at 6:00pm.
- January 11, 2022 - Topics: LOTM mortgage, Council member resignation, budget, Worship and Music Committee process for illness of the choir, nominating committee recruiting council members, expense approved for Christmas Eve service planning, Building and parking lot use guidelines progress, family leave policy tabled, 2022 budget approved by council for presenting at Annual Meeting on Jan.30, Healthy Beginnings tabled to Feb., need volunteers to attend Synod Assembly, February curling event at Littles' house.
- December 28, 2021 - Cancelled due to Holidays
- November 23, 2021 - Topics: New pastor, Christmas Eve schedule, financial report, pledge campaign, council leadership positions, updoing events, mask policy, programmable thermostats approved from building fund. Results of congregational meeting 12-5-2021.
- October 26, 2021 - Topics: Preparation for new pastor, Call Committee Report on pastor candidate, moving expenses, and compensation package; Family Leave Policy; Stewardship report o kickoff dinner for Oct. 30; Treasurer's Report; Second Offering Sunday donation distribution policy; Christmas Eve Services plans; and Covid Mask Policy.
- September 28, 2021 - Topics: Treasurer's Report, Worship and Music Report, Youth and Family Report, Church Directory launch, Call Committee Report, Personel - administrative changes, COVID Protocol - no change at this time, Stewardship Report - catered dinner Oct. 30.
- August 31, 2021 - Topics: Reports by Youth and Family Committee, Music and Worship Committee, Adult Education Committee, Treasurer, Stewardship Committee, Building Use Committee, and Call Committee. Approval of roof repairs being paid for from building reserves, Approval of Sabbatical Policy for pastors, and Approval of Council Reserves donation to assist Haiti immigrant (student). COVID Protocol continues as posted.
- July 27, 2021 - Meeting Canceled
- June 22, 2021 - Topics: Ministry Site Profile (MSP), new council member Dave Drake, worship planning and family service, financial report, COVID protocol and compliance, composting project, council officers needed, Ferol Menzel elected to Legacy Gift/Charitable Endowment Committee.
- May 25, 2021 - Meeting Canceled
- April 27, 2021 - Topics: Treasurer's report, Youth and Family Programs report, worship planning (pulpit), COVID protocols, policies and procedures manual progress, approved policies (Safe Gathering, LOAF, Building and Parking Lot), Congregational Meeting planned for May 9.
- March 23, 2021 - Topics: Transition Team, Constitution and Bylaws, treasurer's report, 2020 surplus funds being reallocated to pastor search and building reserves, Youth and Family report, Sunday attendance report, building use policy, Holy Week plans.
- February 23, 2021 Topics: Appreciation for office coverage volunteers, treasurer's report, Youth & Family report, church attendance report, Amy Watson memorial service, Transition team report and small group meetings, new church administrator hired, church attendance in person limits (COVID), building use policy progress, cleaning service budget item, bible study staffing and expense, equipment expense.
- January 26, 2021 Topics: Treaurer's report, church attendance, Christmas Eve service review, Youth and Family programs and survey results, interim consultant, building use policy and committee, transition team and call committee, new and retiring council members - one open position.
- December 22, 2020 Topics: Interim pastor, COVID protocols, council member replacements, Christmas Eve services, treasurer's report, 2021 budget, children's programs, live streaming service attendance, website usage, worship service lectors for January, annual report progress.
- Addendum to December 22, 2020 minutes - Topics: Council votes to approve stove replacements and 2021 budget. January 14 meeting with Pastor Penni.
- November 24, 2020 Topics: Church safety, Advent and Christmas Eve services, live streaming report, treasurer's report, stewardship campaign, Annual Report 2020, staff gifts, recruiting new council members.
- October 27, 2020 Topics: Keystone Science School request for building space, "Campfire Church" gatherings, service lectors scheduled, budget 2021 and pledge campaign, service pastors scheduled, and pastor exit interview to be scheduled. Pastor Sarah Moening of the ELCA Rocky Mountain Synod provided a presentation explaining the transition process of identifying an interim pastor and the pastor call process.
- October 1, 2020 Topics: Unanimous passage of compensation package for Pastor Liliana, pulpit staffed through Nov. 22, unanimous approval of newprotocols for regular building usage and for emergency usage, discussion of choir COVID protocols, discussion of planned council retreat, which was later cancelled due to COVID resurgence, challenge discussed to expand ways to conduct church services.
- September 17, 2020 Topics: Posting meeting minutes on website, confidentiality discussion, reports on COVID19 protocols for our facilities, consideration of building use request by Keystone Science School, report of possible COVID exposure by funeral guest, discussion of results of phone survey of congregation members, report on meeting with Pastor Liliana about her return after personal leave and next steps.
- August 25, 2020 Topics: Regular building use protocols, emergency building use requirements, worship service mask use protocols, electric work for new donated washing machine, surveying congregation, Pastor Liliana returning from personal leave of absence.